Saturday, August 28, 2004

I finally made the perfect CD

I finally finished the CD I was making. I called it Silence and Solitude. That sorta how I was feeling when I went to label it. The songs on it are:
Silence - Sarah McLachlan and Delerium
Honestly OK - Dido
Time - Sarah McLachlan
Disagree - Chantal Kreviazuk
I'm Not Sorry - Morrissey
Push - Sarah McLachlan
Nobody's Perfect - Madonna
Still Listening - Sinead O'Connor
Deliver Me - Sarah Brightman
The Gospel According To Darkness - Jane Siberry
Policy of Truth - Depeche Mode
Solitude Standing - Suzanne Vega
Little Earthquakes - Tori Amos
Hangin' By A Thread - Jann Arden

I had 3 criteria when making this CD. The songs had to be sung by people with beautiful voices, they needed to have some uniqueness about them, and the lyrics were VERY important. And now I have my CD. I love it. I probably listen to it TOO much, but oh well.

All the songs carry sort of the same theme. It's all about this mess that's happened lately. All the trouble I caused, my pushing people, my lying by omission, needing people to be there for me even though I don't always do everything right, and some sort of angry stuff that can be heard in "Disagree" and "I'm not Sorry". I have so many mixed feelings going on these days. I know my honesty was lacking. I know that I screwed up royally. I know that I have to expect at least some of these repercussions. I do know that it mostly makes sense. But I'm still angry. I still feel like I'm losing all the security that took so long to build. I feel like it's starting over, only it's starting over on shaky ground and I don't know how to make it steady. And I hate this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next